Seal Cove & Wild Islands
Tours & Adventures
No car. No problem. We are located walking distance, public bus or Uber from downtown Halifax hotels, restaurants and attractions but we are a world apart. You’ll fall in love with our urban wilderness base camp located a stone’s throw from Point Pleasant Park. Join us to discover the best of the Halifax Harbour from a unique perspective – Seal Cove, Sir Sanford Fleming Park, Dead Man’s Island, Point Pleasant Park & McNabs Island Provincial Park.Ed Dowell
Remember to pack your sense of humour and sense of adventure & you’ll have as much fun as your guides 🙂
CEO – Chief Experience Officer
You’ll love our good nature!
"For what it costs, it's the best tour of the harbour and Georges Island. Really loved it!" David M.
"Loved every minute of tonight's Sunset Tour of Downtown and Georges Island. Kayaks were top-notch, as was the company and guide." Simon C.
"I can attest to this as an awesome experience. Great scenery, and a humble guide." Griffin L.
"Had an amazing time. Thanks to our guide for such a great experience!" Nina-Lee A.
- "Experiencing Halifax from the water was awesome – the highlight of my trip. Eric was a fantastic guide. I highly recommend Kayak Halifax." ~ Katelyn M.
- "A great day out on the water in the Halifax harbor with our family! The guides were patient and knowledgeable." ~ Karen S.
- "We had a half day in Halifax, kayaking the harbor seemed like a great way to get a little exercise and see the city from a different perspective - and it 100% was amazing. From the little things (the owner, Ed, fed the meter when we realized we would be out on the water past the point when our parking would expire) to the bigger things (our guide, Kate, was knowledgeable and super friendly) the entire experience was terrific. We even saw a few seals, including one that surfaced about 20 feet from the kayak. This was a really fun way to experience a new city in a way I'd never really considered." ~ Doug B.
- "This was a great tour. Our guides, Ana and Kate, were very knowledgeable and informative. We paddled around Georges Island and then farther down the harbor and back. It was a wonderful 2 hours. I would highly recommend it, even if you have no kayaking experience." ~ Philip S.
- "Capturing one of the most amazing moments of my life! #Kayaking with Kayak Halifax drew a large smile on my face and in my heart! Eric & Anna were beyond friendly and nice. It was my first time in a kayak and they made me feel so safe. Thank you for an unforgettable experience!" ~ Warde B.
- "I've lived here my whole life and never have I experienced the views of Halifax as I did doing the kayak tour. It was amazing and the tour guide was so sweet and it made me fall in love with my city all over again." ~Gracie P.
What You Need to Know
Safety is always our first priority. Sturdy sea kayaks, pfds, paddling instruction, safety gear and briefing provided. Our qualified guides are CPR and First Aid-certified.
No experience necessary.
We are proud to offer our customers high-quality touring (sea) kayaks, in single and double occupancy. Capsizes are very rare.
No experience necessary.
What to Bring
(Provided at the dock)
Sense of Adventure.
And Sense of Humour.
(in a non-glass container)
Sunscreen, Sunglasses, a Hat.
Dress in layers. Windbreaker. Waterproof Jacket (watch the weather), Quick dry shirt/shorts recommended but not necessary.
Pack your Go Pro. We have dry bags for your cell phone and cameras. Personal items may be safely stored with you onboard or left with our team.
Free parking in our parking lot. Additional free parking on Francklyn Street and at Point Pleasant Park.
We are located walking distance, public bus or short Uber from downtown hotels, restaurants, attractions and the Cruise Ship Terminal.
You'll love our urban wilderness outdoor adventure centre at 630 Francklyn Street on the beautiful Northwest Arm of the Halifax Harbour. We are so close to but a world away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Halifax. We recommend planning a visit to Point Pleasant Park before or after your paddle.
Our fun, professional and experienced guides are trained in: emergency rescue procedures, pre-trip briefing, communication and ethics, navigation, wildlife, local history, eco-friendly island use and more.
Your safety is our priority. Our guides are First Aid and CPR-certified.
Guide gratuities are always appreciatively accepted.
(we have precious cargo onboard)
(to the earth and others)
(our guides are experienced, trained, and knowledgeable)
(that’s the point, isn’t it?)