HURRICANE FIONA UPDATE: Power is restored & our post-storm cleanup is complete. We will re-open tomorrow – Thursday, September 29th. All regularly scheduled recreational, fitness & training activities will resume as usual. Reserve your spot today at: kayakhalifaxnovascotia.checkfront.com/reserve
No car. No problem. We are located walking distance (or public bus or uber) from downtown Halifax Nova Scotia but we are a world apart from the busy downtown. You’ll love our beautiful location near Point Pleasant Park on the scenic Northwest Arm dotted with sailboats, marinas and an urban wilderness. Paddle with us to Seal Cove, Sir Sanford Fleming Park, Dead Man’s Island & McNabs Island.
Wildlife encounters may include white tail deer, harbour & grey seals, harbour porpoise, whales, sea stars (*starfish), blue heron, common eiders, ospreys, bald eagles and shorebirds.
You’ll love our good nature.
Explore Halifax from a Unique Perspective
Book Online Now
What You Need to Know
Safety is always our first priority. Sturdy sea kayaks, pfds, paddling instruction, safety gear and briefing provided. Our qualified guides are CPR and First Aid-certified.
No experience necessary.
We are proud to offer our customers high-quality touring (sea) kayaks, in single and double occupancy. Capsizes are very rare.
No experience necessary.
What to Bring
Valid Photo ID
(Provided at the dock)
Sense of Adventure.
And Sense of Humour.
(in a non-glass container)
Sunscreen, Sunglasses, a Hat.
Dress in layers. Windbreaker. Waterproof Jacket.(especially for May, October tours), Quick dry shirt/shorts.
Pack your Go Pro. We have dry bags for your cell phone and cameras. Personal items may be safely stored with you onboard or left with our team.
Our meetup location is walking distance from downtown hotels, restaurants and attractions. We have three launch sites minutes from the Seaport Market and Halifax Cruise Terminal on the Halifax Waterfront. If driving, there is free parking available on-site.
Pay & Downtown Halifax hotel pickup may be available for an extra fee. (credit card & coin).
We are located on the beautiful Northwest Arm of the Halifax Harbour minutes from DT Halifax. We recommend planning a visit to Point Pleasant Park before or after your paddle.
Our professional and experienced guides are trained in: emergency rescue procedures, pre-trip briefing, communication and ethics, navigation, wildlife, local history, eco-friendly island use and more.
Your safety is our priority. Our guides are First Aid and CPR-certified.
Guide gratuities are always appreciatively accepted.
(we have precious cargo onboard)
(to the earth and others)
(our guides are experienced, trained, and knowledgeable)
(that’s the point, isn’t it?)
"For what it costs, it's the best tour of the harbour and Georges Island. Really loved it!" David M.
"Loved every minute of tonight's Sunset Tour of Downtown and Georges Island. Kayaks were top-notch, as was the company and guide." Simon C.
"I can attest to this as an awesome experience. Great scenery, and a humble guide." Griffin L.
"Had an amazing time. Thanks to our guide for such a great experience!" Nina-Lee A.
- "Experiencing Halifax from the water was awesome – the highlight of my trip. Eric was a fantastic guide. I highly recommend Kayak Halifax." ~ Katelyn M.
- "A great day out on the water in the Halifax harbor with our family! The guides were patient and knowledgeable." ~ Karen S.
- "We had a half day in Halifax, kayaking the harbor seemed like a great way to get a little exercise and see the city from a different perspective - and it 100% was amazing. From the little things (the owner, Ed, fed the meter when we realized we would be out on the water past the point when our parking would expire) to the bigger things (our guide, Kate, was knowledgeable and super friendly) the entire experience was terrific. We even saw a few seals, including one that surfaced about 20 feet from the kayak. This was a really fun way to experience a new city in a way I'd never really considered." ~ Doug B.
- "This was a great tour. Our guides, Ana and Kate, were very knowledgeable and informative. We paddled around Georges Island and then farther down the harbor and back. It was a wonderful 2 hours. I would highly recommend it, even if you have no kayaking experience." ~ Philip S.
- "Capturing one of the most amazing moments of my life! #Kayaking with Kayak Halifax drew a large smile on my face and in my heart! Eric & Anna were beyond friendly and nice. It was my first time in a kayak and they made me feel so safe. Thank you for an unforgettable experience!" ~ Warde B.
- "I've lived here my whole life and never have I experienced the views of Halifax as I did doing the kayak tour. It was amazing and the tour guide was so sweet and it made me fall in love with my city all over again." ~Gracie P.