Outdoor Adventure Guide
|Experience:||Entry & Advanced Level|
|Term:||Contract, Summer position (20-40 hrs a week)- May 15 to Labour Day. Possible extension until Oct 15, 2017|
|Location:||Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada|
We are NOW accepting applications for the 2017 season.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, customer-oriented outdoor adventure guide who loves to share his/her passion, experience and knowledge with our clients.
As an outdoor adventure guide, the ideal candidate is required to perform the following:
- Guide hike, bike, kayak tours & facilitate bike rentals
- Regular administration duties;
- Must be comfortable to navigate around the water by kayak and/or boat
Desired Skills & Experience:
Candidate is expected to have the following experiences and certifications to be considered for the above position:
- Applicants must be fluent in English. Other languages are an asset.
- Must have valid first aid certification – ideally Wilderness & Remote 1st Aid;
- Must have WHMIS certificate; or be able to obtain prior to the start date of employment
- Must have VHF radio operator certificate; or be able to obtain prior to the start date of employment
- Knowledge about the coastal ecology;
- Experience leading small group of 6-12 people in an outdoor adventure setting (biking, camping, etc);
- Experience with office administration duties such as opening and closing cash, filing and other regular office admin duties as assigned;
- Experience handling customer complaints;
- Familiar with online adventure booking system such as Rezgo or willing to learn;
- Experience in adventure tourism sales & marketing;
- Always aims to provide an unforgettable WOW adventure experience for customers
- Experience with sea kayaking is desirable and/or have Paddle Canada Level 1 Certification or Equivalent;
- Must be able to lift, or haul up to 25 kg
- Have Class 5 driver’s license
How to apply: Please send your resume, cover letter & two references in one Pdf or Word format to admin@ kayakhalifax.com. Your cover letter must clearly indicate how you meet the above qualifications.
May 10, 2017
May 15, July 1, Aug 1, 2017.
Labour Day weekend or October 15, 2017.
We would like to thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for interview will be contacted by phone and/or email.