Ocean Kayak Guide
|Experience:||Entry & Advanced Level|
|Term:||Contract, Summer position (20-40 hrs a week)- starting from May 15th until Labour Day or Oct 15th, 2018 with possible extension until Oct 30, 2018|
|Location:||Halifax , Nova Scotia, Canada|
We are NOW accepting application for the 2018 summer season. We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, customer-oriented adventure guide who loves to share his/her passion, experience and knowledge with our clients.
Would you want to deliver an unforgettable, WOW outdoor recreation experience for customers? We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, customer-oriented adventure & Ocean Kayak Guide who loves to share his/her passion, experience and knowledge with our clients.
As an Ocean Kayak Guide. the ideal candidate is required to perform the following:
- Guide ocean kayak tours and provide instruction;
- Guide coastal hiking ecotours of McNabs Island,
- Facilitate overnight glamping and camping;
- Regular administration duties.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Candidate is expected to have the following experiences and certifications to be considered for the above position:
- Applicants must have advanced level of written and spoken English. Other languages are an asset.
- Must have minimum Paddle Canada Level 1 (PCL1) Certification or Equivalent, or have minimum 1 -2 years sea kayaking experience and be eligible to register for PCL1 certification. In-house guide training also available;
- Must have valid first aid certification – ideally Wilderness & Remote 1st Aid. There will be an opportunity to obtain this certification;
- Must have WHMIS certificate; or be able to obtain prior to the start date of employment;
- Must have VHF radio operator certificate; or be able to obtain prior to the start date of employment;
- Must be familiar with sea kayak navigation (day and night);
- Must have knowledge & experience in self & assisted rescues;
- Knowledge about coastal and marine ecology;
- Experience guiding and leading sea kayak tours;
- Experience leading small group of 6-12 people in an outdoor adventure setting;
- Experience with office administration duties such as opening and closing cash, filing and other regular office admin duties as assigned;
- Experience handling customer complaints;
- Familiar with online adventure booking system such as Rezgo or willing to learn;
- Experience in adventure tourism sales & marketing;
- Always aims to provide an unforgettable WOW adventure experience for customers;
- Must be able to lift or haul up to 25 kg on a regular basis and to perform an assisted rescue;
- Class 5 driver’s license an asset.
How to apply: Please send your resume, cover letter & two references in one Pdf or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must clearly indicate how you meet the above qualifications.
May 15, June 2, July 1, Aug 1, Sept 1, 2018.
Labour Day with with possible extension to October 15 or 30, 2018.
We would like to thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for interview will be contacted by phone and/or email.